Sunday, January 15, 2012

Greenberg Train Show @ York Expo

So I went to the Greenberg Train and Toy show at the York Expo close by in York PA.  I was pretty disappointed.  I would say 70% of the vendors were O Scale, 20% had N and HO and the rest were toys and other train related items, collectables, paintings, etc. I'm modeling in HO, so 70% of the place was essentially useless to me.

Of the 5 or 6 layouts, only 1 was HO, although there was a really cool S-Scale Traction layout.  I talked the guy for a bit, and he confessed that his wife is a better wire-puller and solderer than he is, too funny.

I found a few HO dealers and spent most of my time looking through their collections of stock. Scanning 1000's of boxes for NYC or New York Central stamped on the end.  I managed to come out with one purchase, a 59' Express Refrigerator car- pictured to the right.  Its is perfect condition considering the papers in the Roundhouse price list in the box says September 1970.  This is the first of my NYC rolling stock - yes I chose to model NYC and own 0 cars or locos at this time.  I think I'll be trolling eBay, auctions, and yard sales this summer.  I guess since I spent a whopping $10 on this car, it was a good day considering, but I had higher expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment