Friday, February 10, 2012

Photo Gallery Posted

It took a while to get this blog up, not because it is difficult, but because I'd rather work on the layout when I have time, as opposed to posting to the blog :)  That said, last night I made some amazing progress laying track and benchwork, so I wanted to share.  This drove me to create a Picasa web album of the layout progress, structures, and research for it.  If you're interested in following the building of the C&AR feel free to check out the pics on the link below.


PROGRESS NOTES :  I think I've determined that the left wall of the layout will be Pittsford (maybe?).  I'm not going prototypical with it, but I needed a name, and since that is the last major stop on the rail before Rochester, it seems appropriate.  In my world, Pittsford will be a rural scene, maybe some light industry like lumber or something, not sure yet, might do some research and see if anything looks good.  I have track laid with a small yard here so Pittsford track is complete.

Last night I laid out Rochester.  I have the 2 main lines leaving Pittsford and cornering into Rochester.  They pass through and connect to some industry sidings, as well as round house access and the yard throat.  The two tracks leave Rochester to do the back loop around the room to come back to Canandaigua.

If all of that is completely confusing - check out the pics for Rochster in the gallery below.

Canandaigua and Auburn Road Railway Photo Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment